Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Jason's Drawing Assemblage

My goal when doing my art work is to be able to use what I have on hand instead of buying new so I do a lot of improvising and re-purpose a lot of 'stuff'. On my calling cards I have 'collector and creator of stuff. This suits me perfectly.

My grand son did this drawing for an art class and I fell in love with it so decided to do a 3 dimensional assemblage using it for inspiration. It was very intense and lots of pre-planning but finally after about a month I succeeded in getting it together. I used materials on hand such as Christmas gift boxes, cigar boxes and the box my xacto knife set went in. I even used a round Crystal Lite container for the square tube..I made the oars from chop sticks and polymer clay, shaped the 'characters from wire and Styrofoam balls covered with air dry clay...I love the end result and when my grand son saw the picture of it he was inspired to do another drawing and then make an assemblage.




I thank my grand daughter Stephanie Sperber for
 the  professional photos she took for me.










2 comments:

  1. Darlene, your grandkids have inherited your talent. What a stunning fun and complex collaboration. I LOVE this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lee...I have a large family of talented kids and grands and my extended family as well...some of them I am just learning about...

    ReplyDelete