Sunday, September 29, 2013

WRAPS IN 30 MINUTES OR LESS

Today I decided to get a couple of wraps sewed so I can take them for show and tell at my sewing meeting next week. I have several pashminas so made the first one using one of them. It will be a nice warm wrap on chilly days and will go with about anything including jeans.
Front


Showing the front. Because it was finished on all four sides all I did was use my sewing machine and sew a fagoting (connecting) stitch along the top using black thread leaving a bit open at ends and of course the neck opening. 
Back

The next one I made using the front and back of a dress I never wear but love the hand painted pattern design

Dress






From this to  dress.................








Wrap





....................................to this wrap..

How fun is that. It is not finished as I want to burn the edges but first I need to try it out on a scrap. I think the organic look will work nicely.





I have another black dress I don't wear since we rarely have a reason to dress up so I am going to make a wrap from that one also. It is black sheer fabric with red flowers scattered around it. That one will come later. 


2 comments:

  1. Fun! Charming! Fun! Engaging! Celebrating! I love these kinds of wraps Darlene and your fabrics are gorgeous! I love the idea of recycling a dress with such a beautiful pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again Ruth...are you going to make yourself one...fast and easy...

    ReplyDelete