Thursday, January 26, 2017

AFTER THE STORM


This is the first step of my first art in 2017..I am going to call it After The Storm. I was inspired to make this assemblage after I saw the art of Abyssimo (https://www.facebook.com/abyssimo/
and then  went camping in December just after Hurricane Matthew blew through our area. Here I have my sticks and bark glued on along with some shells we picked up on a beach walk the first afternoon




Step two was adding both
Modeling Paste
and 
Crackling Paste



Texture
is
completed

Color added


The top photo is way to pastel for my taste so I added more intense color and toned down the metallic colors a bit...Much better.




Finished

2 comments:

  1. Darlene, this is great...kudos to you for honoring the power of nature and preserving some of the leftovers of the storm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours and textures in your finished work and thank you for sharing your process...

    ReplyDelete