Saturday, September 28, 2013

LIFEBOOK 2013 Artful Shamanism





This class was to show us how to meditate and allow our muse to come forward and offer us inspiration. Here is my art page for this class with Effy Wild. Trees are one of my favorite living things that Mother Nature gave us. I love the texture of trees, the comfort trees offer us and the beauty of trees, all kinds of trees.

I think one of my greatest stumbling blocks in art is to not be afraid of what I do not know or what others might think but to just jump in and give it a try. As I drew the trees I knew I didn't want to bother drawing a lot of leaves but didn't want the trees to appear dead and I wanted to show off the ancient look of the tree trunks so a black or dark background was called for with a few leaves on top to denote life....

Then I spent a couple of days thinking about what I wanted to write on the edge of the darkness. I knew it had to be something about fear since that is what 'dark' feels like to me. The unknown. Since I love learning new things it only felt right to add learning to my writing about fear. By learning I remove the fear factor. A lesson well learned and enjoyed!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this!!! I am a tree fan/tree hugger too :) I love your artwork and the message!

    ReplyDelete