Monday, September 21, 2015

CARDBOARD ART






While surfing one night I came across this technique of cutting away the top surface of a piece of corrugated cardboard exposing the inner ribs to form a design. This was my first attempt. Later I will add some tangling to this piece filling in the smooth spaces.









These are the tools I used...The serrated wheel for marking the lines, X Acto knife for slicing through the top layer of paper, skewer (not shown) for sliding through the grooves and lifting the paper and removing, tweezers for picking out hard to reach spaces and Staedler pigment 0.5 & 0.8 tips for doing the zentangling.  



Finished


I have so many ideas of ways to use this technique!




Another sample of the technique was to color the cardboard surface with pastel chalk, cut the design out, use the piece from left side and glue it onto right side after burning edges. Then burned the left edge.

2 comments:

  1. Darlene, this image is so captivating and the technique so "new" to me. Your creativity seems to take you to such exciting avenues of exploration. Thank you for the fresh air you bring to my creative soul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ruth. As you know I love exploring different art techniques. I just can stick to one thing only but sometimes I like to go back to explore further...

      Delete